LCK8      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, mdoB202::Tn10Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- mdoB202::Tn10-- cotransduces 34% with serB and 13% with thr and ca. 50% with hsd. Shown by PCR analysis (Nichols et al.) to be within mdoB at nucleotide 4,595,002 (99.0 min.).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- = tetracycline resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation