E109a      Source of Strain:
F110-1 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: rpoB3
(rifR) Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, metB1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- Kirschbaum, JB, EB Konrad 1973. Isolation of a specialized lambda transducing bacteriophage carrying the beta subunit gene for Escherichia coli ribonucleic acid polymerase. J. Bacteriol. 116(2):517-26.