KL363      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, xyl-7 or xylA5
- The mutation gltnT4 renders this strain temperature-sensitive.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- valS7(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Growth stops at 35 degrees C.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Morgan, S., A. Korner, K.B. Low, D. Soll 1977. Regulation of biosynthesis of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and of tRNA in Escherichia coli. I. Isolation and characterization of a mutant with elevated levels of tRNA_1^Gln. J.Mol.Biol. 117:1013-1031