RL88      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK2
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- gyrA223 compensates for the deletion of topA in DE206. (R.E.Depew, personal communication)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Fimmel, AL, RE Loughlin 1977. Isolation of a lambdadcys transducing bacteriophage and its use in determining the regulation of cysteine messenger ribonucleic acid synthesis in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 132(3):757-63.