HF4735      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lac-61
, φXsStrain Comments:
- The rfa region of this strain comes from E. coli C.
- thyA48-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- deo-27-- deoB or deoC.
- φXs-- : φX sensitivity is derived from E. coli C
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor