JC12337      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Not a pure K-12 strain
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- [tnaA300]::Tn10-- was transduced in from E.coli C.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Ream, L.W., L.J. Margossian, A.J. Clark, F.G. Hansen, K. von Meyenburg 1980. Genetic and physical mapping of recF in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 180:115-121