JK84      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rplL9
(L?) or rpsL14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- hisS210(ts)-- The requirement for His is leaky at 30 degrees C and tight at 37 degrees. The marker reverts.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Parker, J, SE Fishman 1979. Mapping hisS, the structural gene for histidyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase, in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 138(1):264-7.