JW1071      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ125
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- lacZ125(Am)-- is the amber mutation from Zipser's strain NG125 and Brenner's CA274. It was formerly called lac125am by Brenner. In `interval 6' of Newton et al. JMB 14:290 (1965).
- asnB507::Tn10-- cotransduces 47% with supE.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation