SK2226      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, ΔargH1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- zif-290::Tn10-- cotransduces ca. 100% with ilv.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = tetracycline resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation