Hfr Broda 8      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
118 Map Position:
8.21 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, λRStrain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- Matney, T.S., E.P. Goldschmidt, N.S. Erwin, R.A. Scroggs 1964. A preliminary map of genomic sites for F-attachment in Escherichia coli K12. Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 17:278-281
- Broda, P. 1967. The formation of Hfr strains in Escherichia coli K12. Genet.Res. 9:35-47