JBK240      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Kirschbaum, JB, IV Claeys, S Nasi, B Molholt, JH Miller 1975. Temperature-sensitive RNA polymerase mutants with altered subunit synthesis and degradation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 72(6):2375-9.
- Kirschbaum, JB 1978. A mutation in the gene for the beta' subunit of Escherichia coli RNA polymerase which specifically affects transcription of the rpoBC operon. J. Mol. Biol. 119(1):37-47.