QE35      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is a P2 eductant.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- Δ(attP2H-rfb)87-- : Originally described as Δ attP2H-rfb87, later as extending through mgl. The deletion length and loss of metG which it would signify favor the rfb endpoint.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Sunshine, M., B. Kelly 1971. Extent of host deletions associated with bacteriophage P2-mediated eduction. J.Bacteriol. 108:695-704
- Clark, A.F., R.W. Hogg 1981. High-affinity arabinose transport mutants of Escherichia coli: isolation and gene location. J.Bacteriol. 147:920-924