Strain 821      Source of Strain:
Apontoweil & BehrendsSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Apontoweil, P, W Berends 1975. Isolation and initial characterization of glutathione-deficient mutants of Escherichia coli K 12. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 399(1):10-22.
- Apontoweil, P., W. Behrends 1975. Mapping of gshA, a gene for the biosynthesis of glutathione in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 141:91-95