TKL-11      Source of Strain:
A. RorschOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- This strain may carry the allele trp-64.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Lugtenberg, E.J.J., A. van Schijndel-van Dam 1972. Temperature-sensitive mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 with low activity of the diaminopimelic acid adding enzyme. J.Bacteriol. 110:41-46