HF4714      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
(strR) or rpsL154
(Oc) or arg-49Strain Comments:
- This is an E. coli K-12 x E. coli C hybrid. It is φX sensitive and at least Thy+, Rec+ and Mtl+ Xyl+ are also derived from E. coli C..
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.