AN382      Source of Strain:
F. GibsonOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- The designation of the uncB allele above was changed from uncB401 to uncB402 in the 1977 paper cited below.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- atpB402 was formerly called uncB401
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Butlin, J.D., G.B. Cox, F. Gibson 1973. Oxidative phosphorylation in E. coli K-12: the genetic and biochemical characterization of a strain carrying a mutation in the uncB gene. Biochim.Biophys.Acta 292:366-375
- Gibson, F, GB Cox, JA Downie, J Radik 1977. Partial diploids of Escherichia coli carrying normal and mutant alleles affecting oxidative phosphorylation. Biochem. J. 162(3):665-70.