GY3428      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, mtlA2Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- cysJ43-- - the cys allele was formerly thought to be in cysC.
- thyA61-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- lysA22-- is Taylor's lysA10 which he briefly called lysB10 in 1971.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- recA431 was formerly called lexB31
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Morand, P, M Blanco, R Devoret 1977. Characterization of lexB mutations in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 131(2):572-82.