BW228      Source of Strain:
? Chromosomal Markers: Δ(lacY-lacZ)286
, thi-0Strain Comments:
- We have not been able to learn the derivation of all markers in this strain.
- Δ(lacY-lacZ)286-- is a deletion of part of lacY and part of lacZ which has been called lacMS286.
- lacZ95=phi80dIIlacZ9-- is an intragenic deletion of lacZ which does not overlap DE286, carried on φ80. (Konrad, 1977, J.Bacteriol.130:167)
- zia-204::Tn10-- cotransduces 6% with pyrE and is counterclockwise from pyrE.
- Δ(lacY-lacZ)286 was formerly called lacMS286
- gltS10 was formerly called gltSo10
- gltS10 was formerly called gltC10
- lacZ95=phi80dIIlacZ9 was formerly called lacBK1
- = operator
- = tetracycline resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.