JW353      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, met-89Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- yafC502::Tn10-- cotransduces 55% with dnaE ( polC). The insertion is in orf yafC, at nucleotide 230099, minute 4.96.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- yafC502::Tn10 was formerly called zae-502::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.