MC4100      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- flhD5301-- flagellar defect shown in Komeda and Iino
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25)-- : this fruA25 mutation deletes 29 codons of fruK, fruB and fruBKAp promoter to orf yeiR Peters et al. J.Bact.185:2017.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- Δ(fruK-yeiR)725(fruA25) was formerly called fruA25
- ::IS1 = insertion of IS1
- fruA25 = former designation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Casadaban, M.J. 1976. Transposition and fusion of the lac genes to selected promoters in Escherichia coli using bacteriophage lambda and Mu. J.Mol.Biol. 104:541-555
- Casadaban, M.J., S.N. Cohen 1979. Lactose genes fused to exogenous promoters in one step using a Mu-lac bacteriophage in vivo probe for transcriptional control sequences. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 76:4530-4533
- Komeda, Y., T. Iino 1979. Regulation of expression of the flagellin gene (hag) in Escherichia coli K-12: analysis of hag-lac gene fusions. J.Bacteriol. 139:721-729
- Peters, J.E., T.E. Thate, N.L. Craig 2003. Definition of the Escherichia coli MC4100 genome by use of a DNA array. J.Bacteriol. 185:2017-2021