Site - narXSite narX
- Name: narX
- Type: Gene
|b1222||MG1655 locus tag|
|frdR||Kalman and Gunsalus|
- Mnemonic: nitrate reductase, nitrate regulation
- Left End Point: 27.48
- Right End Point: 27.52
- Direction: <
|regulatory gene||sensor protein |
- Priority: 1
- External Database Links:
- In the presence of nitrate, NarX acts as a positive regulator (kinase) of NarL and NarP; In pres. of nitrite as a negative regulator (phosphatase) of NarL and pos. regul. of NarP.
- Stewart, V.J., J. Parales 1988. Identification and expression of genes narL and narX of the nar (nitrate reductase) locus in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 170:1589-1597
- Kalman, L.V., R.P. Gunsalus 1988. The frdR gene of Escherichia coli globally regulates several operons involved in anaerobic growth in response to nitrate. J.Bacteriol. 170:623-629
- Kalman, L.V., R.P. Gunsalus 1989. Identification of a second gene involved in global regulation of fumarate reductase and other nitrate-controlled genes for anaerobic respiration in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 171:3810-3816
- Stewart, V., J. Parales, S.M. Merkel 1989. Structure of genes narL and narX of the nar (nitrate reductase) locus in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 171:2229-2234
- Leonardo, MR, DP Clark 1991. Locations of genes in the nar-adhE region of the Escherichia coli K-12 chromosome. J. Bacteriol. 173(5):1574-5.
- Williams, S.B., V.J. Stewart 1997. Nitrate- and Nitrite-sensing protein NarX of Escherichia coli K-12: mutational analysis of the amino-terminal tail and first transmembrane segment. J.Bacteriol. 179:721-729
- Chiang, R.C., R. Cavicchioli, R.P. Gunsalus 1997. 'Locked-on' and 'locked-off' signal transduction mutations in the periplasmic domain of the Escherichia coli NarQ and NarX sensors affect nitrate- and nitrite-dependent regulation by NarL and NarP. Mol.