Strain WP2 hcr-
- CGSC#: 5379
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference WP2 hcr- Hill R. 1 WP2 uvrA- 2 WP2S 2 AC5379 3
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): F-
- 4 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display lon-11 9.88 1 lon-11 sulA1 21.98 1 sulA1 trpE65(Oc) 28.44 1 trpE65(Oc) uvrA155 92.01 1 uvrA155
- Not a K-12 strain.
- The trpE65 derivative of B/r has been called WP2 and the uvrA155 derivative of that strain WP2S.
- This is a derivative of E. coli B/r. uvrA155 was formerly called hcr-.
- Hill, RF 1965. Ultraviolet-induced lethality and reversion to prototrophy in Escherichia coli strains with normal and reduced dark repair ability. Photochem. Photobiol. 4(3):563-8.
- Hill, RF 1970. Location of genes controlling excision repair of UV damage and mutator activity in Escherichia coli WP2. Mutat. Res. 9(3):341-4.
- Volkert, M.R., D.M. Spencer, A.J. Clark 1979. Indirect and intragenic suppression of the lexA102 mutation in E. coli B/r. Mol.Gen.Genet. 177:129-137