Strain Hfr 44
- CGSC#: 4230
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference Hfr 44 Horn-Cooper P. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): Hfr
- Hfr Point of Origin#: 63
- PO Map Position: 44.60
- Direction of Marker Transfer: Counterclockwise
- 6 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display galT23 17.01 1 galT23 LAM- 17.40 1 λ- argS41 42.21 1 argS41 argA42 63.53 1 argA42 argR40 72.91 1 argR40 ilv-282 1000.00 1 ilv-282
- 1.It has not been possible to determine the exact derivation of this strain. The original argA- ancestor was either W3421 or W3422.
- 2.The strain is an arg bradytroph. The strain may still carry the original argA mutation (which was either argA21 or argA22) in addition to the mutation argA42,
- 3.which rendered it a bradytroph. It grows very slowly and stops at 4 x 108 cells/ml. It must be mated when growing exponentially at around 108/ml. It does not grow well on minimal plus
- 4.ARG plus ILV. We have received a report that it is helped by LYS plus a mixture of vitamins.
- Cooper, PH, IN Hirshfield, WK Maas 1969. Map location of arginyl-tRNA synthetase mutations in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 104(4):383-90.