D23      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: proA23
, ampCp-1Strain Comments:
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Normark, S, HG Boman, E Matsson 1969. Mutant of Escherichia coli with anomalous cell division and ability to decrease episomally and chromosomally mediated resistance to ampicillin and several other antibiotics. J. Bacteriol. 97(3):1334-42.
- Normark, S 1969. Mutation in Escherichia coli K-12 mediating spherelike envelopes and changes tolerance to ultraviolet irradiation and some antibiotics. J. Bacteriol. 98(3):1274-7.
- Westling-Haggstrom, B., S. Normark 1975. Genetic and physiological analysis of an envB spherelike mutant of Escherichia coli K-12 and characterization of its transductants. J.Bacteriol. 123:75-82