JS8      Source of Strain:
Liebke & SpeyerSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, tsmStrain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- tsm-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation which maps between ptsI and dapE.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- (H114) = lacZ deletion H114 from CSH16
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Liebke, HH, JF Speyer 1983. A new gene in E. coli RNA synthesis. Mol. Gen. Genet. 189(2):314-20.