KL713      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F144 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be maintained on medium containing thi, met, try and lacking ade, leu, pro.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.