STL13722      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ4811
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- lacZ4811-- is a 2 basepair substitution (GAA to GTG) in the Glu-461 codon resulting in a Val codon.
- mhpC281::Tn10-- cotransduces 80% with lac.
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- lacZ4811 was formerly called lacZ(T1385A)
- mhpC281::Tn10 was formerly called zah281::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- Seier, T, DR Padgett, G Zilberberg, VA Sutera, N Toha, ST Lovett 2011. Insights into mutagenesis using Escherichia coli chromosomal lacZ strains that enable detection of a wide spectrum of mutational events. Genetics 188(2):247-62.