RDK1233      Source of Strain:
R.D. KolodnerOther Designations:
pRDK41 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: oripMB1
, bla Plasmid Comment:
Heterodimer of plasmid pBR322 with the tetracycline resistance genes inactivated Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Doherty, MJ, PT Morrison, R Kolodner 1983. Genetic recombination of bacterial plasmid DNA. Physical and genetic analysis of the products of plasmid recombination in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 167(3):539-60.
- Evans, DH, D Stuart, G McFadden 1988. High levels of genetic recombination among cotransfected plasmid DNAs in poxvirus-infected mammalian cells. J. Virol. 62(2):367-75.