AB4046      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
(strR) or rpsL67
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA12-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Bonhoeffer, F 1966. DNA transfer and DNA synthesis during bacterial conjugation. Z. Vererbungsl. 98(2):141-9.
- Vapnek, D, WD Rupp 1971. Identification of individual sex-factor DNA strands and their replication during conjugation in thermosensitive DNA mutants of Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 60(3):413-24.