BW23473/F+      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, creC510Strain Comments:
- An F+ version of BW23473 constructed by the CGSC
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- ΔuidA3::pir+-- Allows the replication of plasmids with an R6Kγ origin of replication
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- endA9(del-ins)::FRT was formerly called endABT333
- ΔuidA3::pir+ was formerly called uidA(Δ MluI)::pir+
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- del-ins = deletion-insertion
- Haldimann, A., L.L. Daniels, B.L. Wanner 1998. Use of new methods for construction of tightly regulated arabinose and rhamnose promoter fusions in studies of the Escherichia coli phosphate regulon. J.Bacteriol. 180:1277-1286
- Lu, F., M.A. Schumacher, D.N. Arvidson, A. Haldimann, B.L. Wanner, H. Zalkin, R.G. Brennan 1998. Structure-based redesign of corepressor specificity of the Escherichia coli purine repressor by substitution of residue 190. Biochemistry 37:971-982
- Haldimann, A, BL Wanner 2001. Conditional-replication, integration, excision, and retrieval plasmid-host systems for gene structure-function studies of bacteria. J. Bacteriol. 183(21):6384-93.