BW9093      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Milcarek, C, B Weiss 1972. Mutants of Escherichia coli with altered deoxyribonucleases. I. Isolation and characterization of mutants for exonuclease 3. J. Mol. Biol. 68(2):303-18.
- Milcarek, C, B Weiss 1973. Preliminary mapping of mutations affecting exonuclease 3 in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 113(2):1086-8.