JC14604      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, hsdR4Strain Comments:
- Δ(lacY-lacZ)286-- is a deletion of part of lacY and part of lacZ which has been called lacMS286.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- lacZ95=phi80dIIlacZ9-- is an intragenic deletion of lacZ which does not overlap DE286, carried on φ80. (Konrad, 1977, J.Bacteriol.130:167)
- Δ(recA-srl)306-- removes all, or nearly all, of the recA gene and extends into srlR, but does not remove the Tn10 insertion in srlR
- Δ(lacY-lacZ)286 was formerly called lacMS286
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- lacZ95=phi80dIIlacZ9 was formerly called lacBK1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.