VIP205      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(araA-leu)7697
, hsdR2Strain Comments:
- Because of the insertion cassette between ftsA and ftsZ, this strain requires IPTG for growth. See reference below, p. 3961
- Δ(araA-leu)7697-- Shown by Durfee et al. to be a deletion of the first 295 codons of hepA to the first 82 codons of fruR.
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Ωkan,T,lacIQ-- :This insertion cassette places kan and 4 transcription terminators downstream from ftsA; lacI lacIp-4001(lacIQ), transcribed counterclockwise, and p\_tac in front of ftsZ.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- galK16-- An IS2 insertion resulting in the truncation of the protein at codon 56
- galE15(GalS)-- is Brenner's gal-U38, isolated by UV mutagenesis from his strain CA1.
- galE15(GalS)-- G to A transition resulting in an S122F amino acid substitution
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- Δ(araA-leu)7697 was formerly called Δ(hepA-fruR)7697
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Garrido, T., M. Sanchez, P. Palacios, M. Aldea, M. Vicente 1993. Transcription of ftsZ oscillates during the cell cycle of Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 12:3957-3965
- Palacios, P., M. Vicente, M. Sanchez 1996. Dependency of Escherichia coli cell-division size, and independency of nucleoid segregation on the mode and level of ftsZ expression. Mol.Microbiol. 20:1093-1098
- Flardh, K., T. Garrido, M. Vicente 1997. Contribution of individual promoters in the ddlB-ftsZ region to the transcription of the essential cell-division gene ftsZ in Escherichia coli. Mol.Microbiol. 24:927-936