T3D      Source of Strain:
Kuhn & SomervilleSex:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: dadA1(op)
, mel-1Strain Comments:
- trpE61 is a missense mutation, called T3 by Yanofsky.
- dadA1(op) was formerly called dadR1
- tyrT58(AS) was formerly called supF58
- = missense
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- op = operator
- Kuhn, J., R.L. Somerville 1971. Mutant strains of Escherichia coli K12 that can use D-amino acids. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 68:2484-2487
- Hadar, R, A Slonim, J Kuhn 1976. Role of D-tryptophan oxidase in D-tryptophan utilization by Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 125(3):1096-1104.