Lin201      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- glpD10-- : Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- glpD10-- : Loss also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g., succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on min.salts+1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate+1% glucose
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Kistler, WS, CA Hirsch, NR Cozzarelli, EC Lin 1969. Second pyridine nucleotide-independent 1-alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 100(2):1133-5.
- Kistler, WS, EC Lin 1971. Anaerobic L- -glycerophosphate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli: its genetic locus and its physiological role. J. Bacteriol. 108(3):1224-34.