RI179      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, mcrB1Strain Comments:
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- ΔaraBAD-714-- : Deletes most of the araBAD operon.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- galK16-- An IS2 insertion resulting in the truncation of the protein at codon 56
- galE15(GalS)-- is Brenner's gal-U38, isolated by UV mutagenesis from his strain CA1.
- galE15(GalS)-- G to A transition resulting in an S122F amino acid substitution
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Rietsch, A., D. Belin, N. Martin, J.R. Beckwith 1996. An in vivo pathway for disulfide bond isomerization in Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 93:13048-13053
- Rietsch, A., P. Bessette, G. Georgiou, J. Beckwith 1997. Reduction of the periplasmic disulfide bond isomerase, DsbC, occurs by passage of electrons from cytoplasmic thioredoxin. J.Bacteriol. 179:6602-6608