DC272      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: fadR201
, mel-1Strain Comments:
- adhEp-81-- is an operator or promoter mutation. It results in 60-fold overproduction of ADH on succinate plus acetate medium and allows growth on EtOH as sole C source.
- adhEp-81 was formerly called adhC81
- tyrT58(AS) was formerly called supF58
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Clark, D.P., J.E. Cronan 1980. Escherichia coli mutants with altered control of alcohol dehydrogenase and nitrate reductase. J.Bacteriol. 141:177-183