JTG1048      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, soxR104(Const,mdR, [CmR])
, zjc-2206::Tn10kanStrain Comments:
- We have received a feedback report that this strain is thermotolerant at 48 C on no-NaCl LB or regular LB.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- = kanamycin resistant
- Const = constitutive
- mdR, [CmR] = menadione resist., partial CmR
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Greenberg, J.T., P.A. Monach, J.H. Chou, D. Josephy, B. Demple 1990. Positive control of a global antioxidant defense regulon activated by superoxide-generating agents in Escherichica coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 87:6181-6185
- Nunoshiba, T., B. Demple 1994. A cluster of constitutive mutations affecting the C-terminus of the redox-sensitive SoxR transcriptional activator. Nucleic Acids Res. 22:2958-2962