WL2      Source of Strain:
Lorowitz & ClarkSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fadR201
, mel-1Strain Comments:
- adhE2-- Little or no ADH activity under aerobic or anaerobic conditions; reduced ACDH (acetaldehyde CoA deHase) activity. Allyl alcohol resistance in adhEp81 background.
- adhEp-81-- is an operator or promoter mutation. It results in 60-fold overproduction of ADH on succinate plus acetate medium and allows growth on EtOH as sole C source.
- adhEp-81 was formerly called adhC81
- tyrT58(AS) was formerly called supF58
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Lorowitz, W., D.P. Clark 1982. Mutants of Escherichia coli with a temperature-sensitive alcohol dehydrogenase. J.Bacteriol. 152:935-938