HB94      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: gal-55
, hsdR4Strain Comments:
- N.B. We have two reports that this strain is immune to phage λ; that it does not adsorb λ.
- This strain is r-, mK+. The mutation hsdR4 is called ramA7 in the reference below.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Boyer, HW, D Roulland-Dussoix 1969. A complementation analysis of the restriction and modification of DNA in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 41(3):459-72.