JRG361      Source of Strain:
J.R. GuestOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: secA207
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is less vigorous than JRG301 (CGSC No. 5518), another lpd mutant
- This strain was formerly called H lpd 10.
- lpd-10-- : add glucose to LB or other complete media; add 2 mM acetate and 2 mM succinate to glucose minimal media also. Glucose-free media will select against the mutation
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- secA207(aziR) was formerly called azi-7
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- aziR = azide resistance
- Guest, JR, IT Creaghan 1973. Gene-protein relationships of the alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complexes of Escherichia coli K12: isolation and characterization of lipoamide dehydrogenase mutants. J. Gen. Microbiol. 75(1):197-210.